2012-11-26

Back in Thailand


Landed in Bangkok after a 9 and a half hour flight from Stockholm with friend and photographer Per Magnus Persson where we were picked up in style by his wife Ann. 

Ann drove us down close to Hua Hin which takes about 4 hours if you do not stress, 
and stop on the and have some nice thai noodle soup which we off course did.

We are in Thailand to donate part of the profit from the Soomkai lamp. 

To start you from the beginning of the story, Per Magnus love Thailand and asked me many times when I would come and visit him there.

I did at last two years ago now and fell in love with everything I saw. When I laid my eyes on this, my first thought was to make this. So we did.  

I made the design for the lampshade. Ann found the right company to produce the lamp that hand make the chicken coop which is what Soomkai means, which is also the name of the lamp. 

My first instinct was that the lamp have to have a purpose and give back to a good cause. Ann helped us find the HIV Orphanage that is run by a Buddhist Monk in the city of Lopburi.

When we presented the lamp and the charity to Watt&Veke they just loved it. The lamp has now been sold very succsessfully by Watt&Veke and we will present a sister to Soomkai in the  spring.

We call it Soomkai LEK. Lek means small in Thai. We could not have found a better partner than Watt&veke, there has just been joy in this whole project. 

 --- THANK YOU EVERYBODY!!  

This is a dream come true for me. The thought that DESIGN CAN  MAKE A DIFFERENCE. 
I am so happy to prove my point!! 

THANK YOU EVERYBODY THAT HAS HELPED MY DREAM COME TRUE. IT´S NOW OUR DREAM! 
 

1 kommentar:

marianne sa...

Så härlig att lämna pengaran till behövande i landet.